Authonomy – Social Network for Writers
Social networks for writers are a great idea – I should know, I run one myself. There are various specialised social networks for writers on Ning.com and they do provide a service the bigger social networks like Facebook can’t. On a specialised network writers can find each other and make contact more easily, and if the network is organised right the good writers do rise to the surface and show so that the publishers who join can find them. I’ve seen two authors picked up by publishers in this way so it can be done.
Authonomy is a little different to many of the specialised social networks for writers because it’s organised by HarperCollins. However, that doesn’t show from the interface as it’s set up in a way that’s just like a standard writers’ network. You can join, create your profile, promote your writing (published or unpublished), join in with discussions on the forum and upload your writing to share and get feedback. Members are also encouraged to recommend their favourite books, and favourite writing by other members, and the books can be from any publisher.
I joined and will be using this site and would recommend it to any writer. I also believe publishers should be looking at these social networks to find the talented authors – they do rise head and shoulders above the rest. A difficulty can arise if these social networks also get so large that they have a similar problem to that created on Facebook: too many writers and pieces of writing being submitted to showcase so they get lost in the crowd.
It will be interesting to see if this site does lead to authors being talent-spotted, and if not it’s still a great way to meet other writers. The social network approach seems almost compulsory nowadays for many types of business, and I think all publishers should be providing this kind of site. The articles with helpful advice for writers are especially useful.
3 Responses to Authonomy – Social Network for Writers
Follow StartupWizz on Twitter
TC Cribs: Asana, Where Zen Yoga And Knife-Wielding Drones Are All In A Day’s Work: Summer is just about here a... bit.ly/17ZffzP
Market swings call Abenomics into question: Dramatic moves in Japanese bond and equities markets in recent day... bit.ly/15FFhni
With $12M Burning A Hole In Its Pocket, London’s YPlan Wants New York To Be More Socially Spontaneous: Yplan, ... bit.ly/15FFh6W
iPhone smackdown: Read full story for latest details. Subscribe to the comments for this post? Share this on F... bit.ly/17ZffzB
- Fuhu Unveils The World’s Biggest Android Tablet Made For Family Collaboration, Socialization
- Vantage Analytics Raises $1.1M To Make Analytics Data More Usable For Small Businesses
- 3 reasons stocks are still charging ahead
- Entrepreneurs Share Their Biggest Challenges in Growing a Business
- 5 Ways Successful People Keep Calm
- Success Talk with Plentyoffish Founder Markus Frind Posted on: Jul 15th, 2012
- Success Talk with Mashable's Founder Pete Cashmore Posted on: May 28th, 2012
- Airsee - Enjoy Live Video Broadcasts Posted on: Jan 21st, 2012
- B00mbox - Collaborative Playlist Management Posted on: Apr 22nd, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg, Kevin Ryan and Andreessen on Startup Success Posted on: Sep 8th, 2010
- Tony Robbins - Why do you do what you do? Posted on: Jul 31st, 2010
StartupWizz Top Tags
The Latest Google News
- India successfully puts spacecraft in Mars' orbit - Chron.com - September 24, 2014 at 4:21 am
- Khorasan Group Is Now a Greater Threat to Europe and US - Businessweek - September 24, 2014 at 4:17 am
- A Teenage Terrorism Suspect Is Shot Dead in Australia After Attacking Police - TIME - September 24, 2014 at 4:13 am
- Islamic State battle could take years, Pentagon says - BBC News - September 24, 2014 at 3:59 am
- Uighur Academic's Daughter Reacts to Father's Life Sentence on Separatism ... - TIME - September 24, 2014 at 3:40 am
- Tiger kills student at New Delhi zoo - The News International - September 24, 2014 at 3:39 am
The Latest Sports
- Horvat nets winner as Canucks top Sharks 4-2Recap | September 24Horvat nets winner as Canucks top Sharks 4-2
- Castillo's RBI in 10th lifts Cubs over Cards 4-3Recap | September 24Castillo's RBI in 10th lifts Cubs over Cards 4-3
- Toews' OT goal gives Blackhawks win over Red WingsRecap | September 24Toews' OT goal gives Blackhawks win over Red Wings
- Youngster Nylander scores in Maple Leafs' winRecap | September 24Youngster Nylander scores in Maple Leafs' win
Powered by WordPress and created by.